Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ashley turns [24] ---Blog post by Adam

Ashley had her 24th birthday on June the 4th, so I am taking this rare opportunity to write on the blog. If you know Ashley, you know she is no fan of secrets! But I can't help myself, every time I get a chance, I think of the best possible way to surprise her. She certainly had no idea I was getting her a Wii Fit for our Anniversary. Keeping all the presents hidden was no easy task: First I had to buy them, then get them into the house without her seeing, then put them in their hiding place and, most difficult of all, try not to give anything away as she pestered me with questions in the week or two leading up to her birthday. The presents may not sound all that exciting, but they were all something she had talked about wanting. I gave Ashley an electric toothbrush, a jewelry cleaning kit for her ring, and the biggest present - Planet Earth on blu-ray. Ashley is always talking about Planet Earth, which she gets to watch at work ... without audio. Of course, I'm leaving out part of the story ... Ashley simply couldn't wait and, seeing as I had three gifts, I let her open one two days before her birthday (the electric toothbrush). The plan was to have her open one the day before as well - sort of a three days of birthday type thing - but somehow that didn't happen, so she opened the other two on the day of.
After work on Ashley's birthday we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Pistorius and Ashley's mom and we all went out to eat at the Training Table. It's a neat, Utah original restaurant. You seat yourself at a table and on the wall is a phone. Once you've looked through the menu and know what you want, you simply pick up the phone. Someone answers and takes your order. When your food is ready, the phone rings, which is your cue to go get your food. Their food is really good (primarily burgers and sandwiches), and they have the most ridiculously delicious and huge cheese fries. We rarely finish a half order. Ashley's birthday was a ton of fun. She just loves being the center of attention on her special day. I love her so much, and so of course I love to spoil her :)






0 comments: