Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 10, 2008

hodge-podge-inous week in review






I was threatened that if I didn't write this week's Blog, I would get double chores next week, so here it goes:

Eat, sleep, work, sleep, eat, work, work, work, pay bills, pay bills, pay bills! Something like that.

We also changed our fish filter. We had to go to the store twice because we got the wrong size filter the first time. We think its a miracle every day when our fish are still alive. Their names are Mars and Luna. Mars is a Beta and Luna is some sort of cool/funky looking goldfish.

They keep threatening us at work that our call center might get shut down if our scores don't improve / we don't start enforcing compliance on certain things. Last week the floor average for one of the most important stats was something like 52% (0% is good, 10% is target). However, my team's stats were almost perfect, so that was nice in a way. Anyway, I haven't decided yet whether to preemptively seek other employment, or wait it out and possibly be fine or possibly be suddenly without a job. Fun times.

Meanwhile, Ashley is more and more excited to start her new Nanny job. Continuous childish behaviour, rumoring, back stabbing, etc. at her current job just makes her wish it would come faster. She is already buying clothes (despite my protests) for the soon-to-be very spoiled kid.

On Friday night we went down to Provo to prepare for the very last day of filming for Roulette. It went very well, the acting was incredible. One scene was so intense and so well acted the those watching could hardly stop from screaming - the only thing holding them back was the fact that they knew we were recording and it would mess everything up. The more things progress, the more excited I am for the final product. I don't want to give an ETA, because it's just to hard to say, and we already past our first self-imposed deadline by about eight and a half months. Oh well.

We finally gave in and bought Twilight. Ironically, I was the first to pick it up. Surprisingly, I quite like it and am so far cruising through. I'm hoping that this is a rare case where the movie is at least as good as the book.

We haven't seen any movies at the theater this week, so no recent reports there. Last great movie seen = Dark Knight, last awful movie seen = X-Files I Want to Believe.

Have a great week everyone.

1 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

Hey Ashley! I saw that you had a blogspot on your facebook and thought I would drop you a line... feel free to come visit me at my page! emisigianina.blogspot.com