Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How I Met the Man of My Dreams.....

I know that our wedding was 2 months ago but I still wanted to post about how we met and my feelings associated with that..... so here it goes :)

He came into my life unexpectedly....

We actually met on the Internet. I can already hear the peanut gallery's snide remarks and the blows dealt to my intelligence, my morals, my thoughts. After all, I must be crazy, and he must be an axe murderer right? I must be desperate, after all, to fall in love with a man over the Internet. No, none of the above. (You pessimists will just have to chalk this one up to a loss!) lol
He is the most caring, compassionate man I have ever met. And I can say that will all honesty.

At first, I wasn't expecting it to happen. Wasn't looking for it. But I wasn't against it either. I was open to it sub-consciously I suppose. Searching for that fairy tale somewhere, my internal thoughts caught up with the rest of science and I dove into technology to find it. I had heard about it so much even my Aunt and Uncle found love on the Internet.

Our phone conversations were great. I was attracted immediately by his voice. He was feeling the same way about mine. But there had to be more, right? There just has to be! I was thirsting for more information from him. I simply wanted to know everything about Adam!!

Meeting him was like a dream. I was absolutely on pins and needles. Seeing him though, only reinstated my previous feelings even with the longish hair that he had on our first date. lol
Love at first sight? Oh, it happened alright.

Since then we have taken our relationship beyond the levels of just something we got "off the Internet"

We have shared so many amazing times together in such a short time (8 months).
His presence completes me. The lost piece to my puzzle. The one thing I can hold onto in this world (besides my family). The one relationship I have ever felt love from. He loves me. Plain and simple. With my flaws and all. He sees the good in me, and I can see it in him. I have found my true connection. Without him, I'd simply be searching for something that couldn't give me what he gives me. It would be false, and I know this to be the truth, because for once in my life, my heart feels the same way as my head does, and their both in sync. I love every minute I spend with Adam.

So.... when you hear the warnings of finding anything reliable on the Internet, scoff away the remarks. It can happen, it has happened. When you hear the woes of love tales gone wrong, just know that love is alive. It is all around us, and it will find you when you least expect it. And in the last place you would ever think to finding it.

I love you Adam, thank you for taking a chance and marrying me I hope that you will always be happy with your decision. I know I will be!!! :) Thanks.....


-Ashley

0 comments: