Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jett's Half Birthday..

Jett recently turned 6 months old on the 16th of December and what a crazy puppy he is. When we were in the process of choosing a name for the little guy I suggested Jett and at the time I had no clue that he would live up to his name to the {T}. He really is a Jett, he rarely holds still and anyone who has spent even 5 minutes with him can vouch for that. I feel bad because I have few pics of him and then I remind myself that it's not my fault he is always on the move. 
 He loves to bring in pieces of tree branches/twigs into the house while we are away or not looking and tears them to smithereens and then just leaves all these little things of wood all over. I am surprised I have not had any slivers in my feet. One day a few weeks ago I was laying in bed still and I hear one of the dogs come charging into the room usually means it's Jett, he comes bounding into the bed carrying a whole tree branch. I was turned away from him at first but as I rolled over there is Jett snacking on a huge tree branch in my bed. Somehow he had carried the branch past Adam in the kitchen all the way up the stairs and into bed with me. I yelled for Adam and we both had a good laugh over it. I still don't know where that thing came from. He hates the car and it's mostly because it makes him sick so when we ever take him places which is rare now because of his hatred for it we have to physically put him in the car. Last Friday we had taken the pups to daycare so I could attended Adam's work party without having the pups home alone for longer than necessary. I pick them up and put Nala in the car first and go back for Jett. I try to pick him and he rolls on his back which he does frequently. So I wrestle him and finally get a hold of him which is not easy mind you. I get to the car, put him in and before I can close the door he has jumped out. I grab him by the collar to avoid a runaway pup and again have to wrestle with him but this time is much harder. I am on my hands and knees wrestling with a 25lbish dog who is on his back squirming around so fast it is impossible to pick him up. He has wiggled so much that after just a few minutes I was out of breath and we were father from the car then I would have liked. I was getting frustrated at the point and just pick him up and basically crawled on my knees to the car carrying him and I tossed him in the car and shut the door as fast as possible. I sat there trying to catch my breath hoping no one saw the episode. Luckily it was late and dark so it wasn't seen by others thank goodness but that just shows you how much he hates the car. 
I know these stories sound horrendous and in the moment they are but I have learned patience because of them and we get though it and they just become part of who he is and the story of his puppyhood (ok back to him).
He rarely whines and will bark at strangers but mostly he is very outgoing compared to Nala at this age. He loves to sleep next to things such as the wall, the dresser and the bed. His favorite thing to do is lay on his back against the wall with his legs straight in the air. He loves loves loves Nala they are so cute together and she is much happier and healthier with him around. He definitely is still a puppy and has destroyed more things than I can count but we wouldn't trade him for the world. He is loved more than words and makes us laugh and cry all in the same moment. I know his sis loves him to pieces and so do we! 

Jett's Pic Timeline to date:

9 Weeks

10 Weeks

11 Weeks

3 Months

3 1/2 Months


4 Months


5 Months


5 1/2 Months

6 Months

Oh and that cute little face that is staring back at you is capable of this and much more:
Good thing he is so adorable!!




0 comments: