Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Climbing High..

This year for Valentine's Day, we gave each other ideas on what to get each other. I know how lame that sounds and that we have to give each other ideas since we have been married for 3 and 1/2 years we must know what the other person likes right??? Well we do know each other pretty darn well but when it comes to gifts we usually end up asking each other for ideas and then work from that. Don't ask me why we do this we just do. We do surprises here and there but..we usually figure it out before we can surprise each other. 

Anyway back to what this post is really about...

I got a list from Adam which included for me to plan a creative date. So as part of my gift I printed out a little gift certificate for us to go to this place:


and do indoor rock climbing. Adam loves the outdoors and since it's hard to do real rock climbing in February I decided this was the best I could do. Well the place is in Ogden and we live about and hour and a half away from there. Everyone asked why are you going clear up there and the answer is that I wanted it to feel like we were actually going somewhere rather than just around the corner. It was a little get-a-way of sorts. It was such a nice drive down and when we arrived we got harnessed up and was given a quick tutorial on what to do and we were on our own. It was a pretty small place only about 2000 square feet. Big enough for our needs. We had a great time and we both decided we are VERY out of shape. We stayed about an hour and that was plenty. There were a lot of little kids so I was constantly watching making sure I wasn't going to run into them. I was kind of jealous of them since they seemed to just fly up the walls. I don't think I saw one adult go more than 20 feet up the wall just way to hard. I found that there holds were not that great. There were a lot of them but they seemed to be just for looks. They were hard to grab on to and some you couldn't even grab because of the shape and size which I found to be a reason why it was hard to climb very high. If I were to rate the place I would give it a 4. I don't think I would ever go there again just in the fact that is so far from us but it was a fun and different and we both enjoyed it. It was great exercise as well and I am sure we will feel the pains of it all tomorrow. Oh and the cost..it was 10 dollars a person and then if you want to rent climbing shoes those are 4 dollars. Total it was 24 dollars. We were able to snap a few pics of both of us looking very athletic climbing the walls but don't be fooled we are both far from it. Overall a great experience and one that I would do again just not there.




0 comments: