Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, August 28, 2009

...Sliver=Minor Surgery...

So Yesterday after coming home from dinner with the family I was bringing in a vinyl wood sign that I had in my old room, it slipped and I felt a piece of wood go into my finger....OUCH!! I got inside and put it down and looked at my then cut open finger. It was bleeding but not too bad I run outside to Mr. C and he immediately took me inside to wash it off and to see the state the sliver was in well it was in pretty deep so we get the tweezers out but they were no help at all because they were very blunt. We had no needles so I grabbed and exacto knife from my craft room and ran it under hot water and began gently trying to get it out...no luck!! I went to work today and for those of you that know me know I work in a doctors office. I was telling a co-worker about it I told her I had not gotten the sliver out and she then began telling a very scary story about a sliver so I told my other co-worker and she said I have a hunting knife in my purse do you want me to dig it out by which I got a even more horrific look on my face and politely said no thanks and somehow the word began to travel fast about my sliver and soon my finger was being held down while the hunting knife was being used to get my sliver out. After all the trauma and digging and me almost shedding a tear or two she said "I don't think there is a sliver in there I think it's just dirt"....OH MAN! By this time my finger was throbbing she then wipes it with an alcohol wipe adding to the pain........UGHHHH!! I finally got all bandaged up and after awhile the throbbing stopped and it actually felt better overall and I am able to type this blog post without any trouble so that's a plus... The pic below does not do the knife justice its turned at a weird angle, I bet the blade is a inch and half wide and very intimidating....The look on my face is priceless!!

0 comments: