Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thoughts in my head...

I have been meaning to do a blog post but couldn't decide what to write about and so I mulled it over for a few days with different things popping in my head but when the story hit the news about Ethan Stacy's murder It got me wondering why on earth are people like the Sloop's privileged to be parents but yet millions of awesome women out there like me don't get that in this life. I think that is the thing I struggle with most in my life. I am grateful for the things that having Alagilles has taught me but having that one specific thing that is most desirable to me taken away is the hardest thing ever. Maybe there is something I am supposed to learn from not having my own biological children and I hope that is the case or that a child out there is just waiting for good parents like I know Mr.C and I can be but every time I hear a case like Ethan's I always wonder why. I know that people like the Sloops are few in number compared to all the awesome parents out there but its the awesome parents you don't hear about everyday. I wonder how on earth someone could do that to your own flesh and blood let alone an innocent child. I am glad that little Ethan is free and not in the hands of those awful parents. At the same time it is very sad that it did happen and I hope justice prevails.

On to other things I wanted to blog about. I have been doing my volunteering at PCMC for the past 3 weeks now I believe and I has been a blast. I work with an older lady (80's) who has been volunteering in the gift shop for the past 9 years. I commend her for that, but when I first started she questioned why I was there since it's slow most of the time she didn't think there needed to be 2 people working in one shift, also that working in the gift shop is an old ladies job and that I should be up rocking the babies. LOL but the boss lady confirmed to her that I was indeed in the right place; after that she hasn't said a thing about it. The other day we were having a conversation and she asked me about my life and what I do etc. I told her I work full time and do photography on the side. I also said I take care of my hubby and puppy I might have said something else but I can't remember. She looked at me kinda funny and said "Wow you have a full life, what are you doing here you should be at home on your half day off taking care of your house and family." I was taken aback and was silent for a moment trying to gather what I was about to say. I ended up saying something to the effect of " Well PCMC holds a special place in my heart if it weren't for this hospital and the Dr's who work here I probably wouldn't be here today. Sure I could be home doing the many things there is to do but I chose to give back to a place that has given me so much. It would be easy for me to just be home but I am sacrificing my time to give back." As she took that all in I added " Don't you think this is a great thing to be doing with my time?" She eventually nodded and said yes that what I am doing is a commendable thing. Granted it's only for a few hours during my busy week but I am making an effort to do something positive for the community. I am not doing it for the recognition just because it's the right thing to be doing at this time in my life. I feel like sometimes life gets so crazy that when I go there everything is just sorta put on hold the cell phone goes off there are no computers or TVs that I have access to. It's nice to just be! To just be in the moment away from life to see the amazing kids that go through so much and to see them smile at the purchase of a new toy or balloon nothing can be more right than that and I love being apart of a place that tries to make things so right for just a brief moment in a childs life amidst everything that may be going wrong. So far I have loved every ounce of time there and can't wait to what other new things I get to experience.

0 comments: