Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

[LIFE]boats..

What would you do if you only had one day, one week or one month to live?

That is a hard question one I hope I never have to find an  answer to but for me... I know I would quit my job for one thing. I would be with my closest family whenever possible, I would sing a little louder and dance a little longer. I would laugh more and cry more. I would talk more and probably take more pictures. I would take more walks, see more things. If possible travel to a wishful destination or go on a few road trips. I would eat more and drink as much diet coke as I wanted. I would give more hugs and more kisses. I would be with friends. I would not care about the weather or the time I would care less about my looks I would wear what I felt like wearing. I would write letters for those left behind expressing my love for them. Most of all just LIVE IN THE MOMENT!

The reason of all this is this...
Since I have Monday's off I find myself bored/procrastinating the house work and so I turn to Netflix and usually find something to watch. This past Monday I was searching some of the new releases and I came across this movie...
{Here is the Synopsis}
When confronted with his mortality, Ben Tyler (Joshua Jackson) impulsively buys a vintage motorcycle and sets off on a road trip that starts in Toronto and ends up on Vancouver Island in the town of Tofino. Humorous, profound and extremely moving, One Week uses the great Canadian landscape as the backdrop to the story of a man and his life's journey. In the search for himself, he finds out what makes this country, and his life, so beautiful.

At first I thought It sounded boring but I decided to give it a try and not judge it based of a tiny synopsis. It definitely wasn't a blockbuster or anything but it reminded me of something you would see at a film festival. I would recommend it and would watch it again. 

At the very end there is this monologue and I loved what it said.

You get those rare moments of clarity those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the lifeboats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely elusive. 
So the question becomes or should have always been.
What would you do if you only had one day, one week or one month to live?
What lifeboat would you grab onto?
What secret would you tell?
What band would you see?
What person would you declare your love to?
What wish would you fulfill?
What exotic locale would you fly to?
What book would you write?
What would you do?

We all have dark times in our lives but the happy times are our lifeboats and sometimes grabbing a hold of one is all that will keep us from sinking. I sometimes feel as though this blog is in a way a lifeboat for me. It holds some of the most happiest things of my life, things that I want never to forget moments that are now in a way frozen in time. I love that I can grab onto it whenever I need to remind myself that even though I may be going through a rough moment I can look and see that the magical moments out number them all. 

This is quote from one of my favorite blogs (check it out)she says this:
  The reason I love blogging is: Somehow this ritual of stringing photos and words together makes me more grateful, more aware, more present.-Kelle Hampton

To Strive, To Seek, To Find and not to Yield


1 comments:

Hollie said...

loved your post!