Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Monster Can Be Sweet To...

I usually portray Jett as being a little monster and it's not that I mean too it's just most of the time he is usually destroying something or being out of control hyper but....last night I had a very sweet moment that come every now and then and since I usually forget to write them down I promised myself that I would write this one down. 

We were getting ready for bed and I was kind of propped up in bed just chilling talking to Adam. 
Jett once settled down from a hyper spurt climbed on the bed and crawled up and laid by be and I was wearing a short sleeve shirt, he began licking my arm and when he does he always closes his eyes like its a calming thing for him. As he was licking my arm softly the licks got fewer and fewer and I realized he was falling asleep. He stopped licking me and was just sleeping on my arm. When he realized he wasn't licking my arm anymore he woke up and restarted licking my arm almost immediately falling back asleep. He laid there for a few minutes with a small lick here and there just making sure I was still there. He fell back asleep and laid there for awhile fast asleep. It almost seemed as though my arm was like a pacifier for him calming him down and relaxing him to the point of sleep. Although this seems like a weird thing especially for those who don't have pets or dogs but it was such a sweet thing. He needed me for comfort just like I need him for comfort sometimes. I sometimes forget he is just a baby in aspects of his age since he is just a crazy boy but when he settles down and becomes vulnerable he is like a little baby. I love those moments of bonding and being there when he needs his Momma. I love being a mother to Nala and Jett. I find that I bond with both of them in such different ways and give them love in different ways as well. They make up my world and even if they aren't able to speak with words and tell me how much they need or love me they do in there actions and that speaks even louder.

0 comments: