Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day [2011]

Father's Day has always been a interesting holiday for me. Growing up and not having a father was hard. The only thing that made up for it was the amazing Grandpa I have. I felt like he was my Dad, I still feel that way. He was always there for me and helped raise me as if I was his own. He is a blessing in my life and I can't put into words how much he means to me. I am a grandpa's girl through and through. Over the years he has been my main male figure that I could look up to. We loved spending time together, watching wrestles and silly reality TV shows. He has been someone I turn too for advice and support in times of trouble. When I received Adam's news back in January he was the first person I wanted to turn to for comfort and for a shoulder to cry on. I know that he will always have my back and I love him for that. He has taught me so much and that you can't put a price on. He is one of my best friends!






On Father's Day in 2009 one of my dreams came true and I met the man that over the years I knew very little about my Dad. Although our relationship is not how I pictured it being, it works and although I would love to spend more time with him the distance in where we live does not allow it. We both have busy lives and we see each other as often as we can. I enjoy spending time with him and his family. We have 24 years to make up and although that seems impossible we are slowing getting there. I hope that our bond continues to grow and develop. We have so many things in common. We look a lot alike we have the same sense of humor and we are both stubborn people. We have similar passions and loves.
Just this year I was able to see my Dad on my actual birthday. That was a first for us and it was so fun. I am looking forward to many more firsts. 


(our first picture ever taken together)



Last but certainly not least my own Adam. He is the most amazing Dad to Nala. He loves her like no one else. Nala and I have our own bond and Nala and Adam have theirs. She loves Adam so much and I am always catching them cuddling together. She is the sweetest thing you will ever meet. He is so protective over her and makes sure she is always safe. He comforts her, plays with her, gives her a bath, feeds her and takes her for walks. He praises her, disciplines her, wrestles with her, and loves every ounce of her just like I do. Both of our lives changed the day we welcomed her into it. She brightens, warms and melts your heart all with one look. She is the apple of his eye and I know he would do anything he had to to protect her and he would never let anything happen to her. If he is this protective over her I can't imagine how he will be with when our own children come along. I am grateful for the closeness we both share with Nala. She is a piece of heaven and we look forward to giving her a little sister to play with once the fence is complete. Thanks honey for taking such good care of our baby!!!







0 comments: