Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 17, 2012

{Lucky}

Growing up not knowing really anything about your Dad makes having a picture like this a dream come true. 
This was taken on my birthday last year. It was the first time ever being with my Dad on my actual birthday. It seems like such a trivial thing that people do all the time. Of course you would see your Dad on your birthday right?? Well in my case it was a moment that I had longed to experience. Not having my Dad there for all the milestones was very difficult. It became the norm in life and not long after I reached the age where I understood that he was not in my life I was unsure if he ever would be.

It was a piece of my life that made me unique in a weird way. People were always shocked when they found out that I had never met my father. It was never something that I felt the constant need for. I had this man in my life to fill the void. I am so blessed to have my grandpa in my world. 


 Now that my Dad has been in my life almost 3 years it's made me even more lucky to have both men in my life. Although my relationship is still forming with him and his family and bonds are being created and as more firsts happen the more excited I get as the future unfolds with hope of many more moments to be apart of.


May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future. 

0 comments: