Welcome
Welcome

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 2... Beach Time

We woke up at about 9AMish and ate breakfast in our room and then got our swim gear on and packed up the little cooler and some snacks and headed for the beach. There is private beach access just for the hotel guests so we went there first. It's a tad rocky so we drove down a ways to another spot where its a little less rocky. We found a perfect spot and headed into the water. I can now say I have been in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. The water is a tad chilly but you adjust quick. We had a blast playing in the water. I love the waves and could not stop smiling. Everything about being here is perfect. We had fun challenging each other to silly games. We got out of the water after about an hour and then rested on the beach working on our tans. Adam took a nap and I read a magazine. We ate some snacks and people watched. We decided we had had enough beach time and headed back to the car. The sand here is scorching hot and I swear I thought I was going to end up with bad burns on the bottoms of my feet. Flip Flops were hardly any protection since sand can easily get in. I was tempted to just pick them up and run but since I was carrying an arm full of things It wasn't an option. We arrived back at the hotel and freshened up and I blogged while the hubs napped. We then headed to the Juno Beach Boardwalk, we had to pay a dollar to walk on it. We both got ice cream bars and walked along the boardwalk. Ice cream bars in Jupiter Florida don't last long before they are running everywhere, I think I maybe got 3 bites in before it got so messy that I ended up throwing it away. I have never seen so many people fishing in my life from kids to women to teenage boys to men. They are serious about there fishing around these parts of the USA. They had every possible thing you could need for such a sport. They would run from one part of the dock to the next trying to catch a particular fish. They had already got some big ones and they were just lying on the dock. We had a great time watching them in their element and how they were so passionate about such a thing. We were hungry by this time so we found a pizzeria called Costello's, they had delicious pizza and while we were there they had a guy actually singing while we ate. It was very nice and romantic. I was so full afterwards. Since you can't really do much when its dark we decided to hit a movie. We had not yet seen Kung Fu Panda 2 so we saw that and really liked it. It was way late by the time it was over. They have 12:10 showings for just about every movie which we thought was interesting usually only the new movies coming out get a midnight showing but not here! We were so pooped by the time our heads hit the pillows that It took me about a minute to fall asleep. What a great day for sure! I love Florida more and more everyday!

0 comments: